CAY CLEAN GLASS PLANT
A Unique Solution
A Better Product
Unlike optical sorting, Sioneer’s innovative technology represents a major paradigm shift in glass processing.
Our process refines glass into a mineral that is clean and meets specifications across more industrial applications than other processors.
A Greener Footprint
High-demand already exists across a broad range of established markets—some already using product made from the Sioneer process—and new markets are continually emerging.
Sioneer technology is better for the environment—and can help reduce 9 million tons of glass from being buried in landfills each year.
Sioneer represents a truly sustainable solution—one which creates significant benefits for the environment, local communities, suppliers customers and our investors.
Sioneer technology does not rely solely on optical sorting, and therefore is able to recycle 100% of the glass collected from single stream sources—regardless of color and size.
A Unique Solution
The major glass processors use technology that is based on optical sorting.
– This means they can only process glass larger than 3/8 inch
– Which is only about 40% to 50% of the glass in the recycling
– The rest of the glass is low value aggregate or goes into the
In fact, of the 12 M tons of waste glass last year generated in the U.S., the USGA estimates that over 9M tons of that glass went to landfills.
The cost to landfill material continues to rise, and it's a losing prospect for waste collection and recycling companies.
Because they rely on optical sorting, the 2 largest glass processors (E-cullet and SMI) are struggling to move forward and have developed adversarial relationships with major recyclers.
Glass accounts for about 25% of all materials by weight that is collected for recycling and that percentage is rising.
US Recycling is moving toward single stream collection which is increasing recycling rates across the country, however current recycling technology produces contaminated mixed glass as the result.
Our patented Technology diverts post consumer waste glass from the landfill and returns the glass to its natural mineral state—amorphous silica. This clean mineral can then be sold into industrial applications.
Unlike other processors, our technology IS NOT based solely on optical sorting by color and then sending to a furnace to be melted down.
The Sioneer Difference
Sioneer Technology represents a major paradigm shift in glass processing.
It's the only known process that effectively removes impurities from the glass, while recycling 100% of the glass regardless of color and size.
Our unique, flexible process takes mixed colors and fine waste glass and produces a variety of clean and sized materials
Prepared by Innowise Research & Consulting
Evolution of a Technology
A technological trajectory
Industries will stick to a given trajectory to mitigate loss of initial investment in the development of the basic technology. In the case of glass recycling, traditional glass processors have large investments in optical sorting.
Sioneer has created a paradigm shift through the innovation of new technology, propelling an otherwise plateaued mature trajectory into a new birth and growth phase.
Sioneer’s Mining & Refining Process
Amorphous silica has already been identified by a broad range of markets as a valuable feedstock.
In fact, some industries are already using product made from the Sioneer process and potential markets continue to emerge.
Fiberglass Manufacturing Feedstock
- Estimated U.S. market-4 Million tons annually
- All fiberglass manufacturers already have established
technical guidelines for glass cullet
- Owens Corning already using cullet made using the
- Estimated market size: 3 million Tons
- Over 150 companies have already used abrasives
made from cullet using the Sioneer process
- Basic applications include: Shipyards, Precast
Concrete, Bridge Repair
- Estimated market is 11 Million tons per year
- In discussions with largest fly ash / coal slag distributor
in the U.S.
- Portland Cement Replacement @ 15%-20%
- Applications include: Pavers, Precast, Ready-Mix, Pipe
and Box Culvert & Concrete Block
- Estimated market size: 2 Million Tons
- Customers already using cullet made using the Sioneer
Filtration Media (WQA Approved)
- Drinking Water, Industrial, Waste Water, Storm Water,
Oil & Gas Filtration
- Market size--- fracking market alone used 90 billion
tons of sand last year
- Filtration of waster water from fracking operations
- Beach Sand Replacement
- Decorative Sand
- Pesticides or Insect Barriers
Specialty Sand-These are smaller, high-value premium markets
- Seal Coatings
- Industrial Coatings
- Industrial Mineral Filler
Replacement for Diatomaceous Earth
- Organic Pesticides
- Feedstock Augmentation
Links: About Beach Sand Replacement
Let's Talk About Sand: Denis Delestrac
Double Bottom Line
Total Return = ( Financial + Impact )
Evolution of the Clean Glass Process
Richfield Springs NY
Momentum Recycling, Salt Lake City, Utah
Pembroke Pines, FL
Typical Plant (3-D Drawing)
Our technology is not only good for the environment,
it’s good for communities and businesses too--
making Sioneer a profoundly sustainable solution.
- Annual reduction of 9 Million tons of waste glass into Landfills
- Landfills costs are increasing as availability is decreasing
- A dramatically increase of beneficial use of recyclables
- Adds validity to recycling programs
- True Sustainability programs
Suppliers and Haulers
- Increase value of the glass
- Create a market for all of the glass
- Replaces less environmentally friendly products
- Coal Slag for Abrasives
- Silica Sand for Asphalt
- Superior performance
- More cost effective
2016 DG Authority, LLC. All Rights Reserved
Web Design By Vector Digital Media